EXPERIENCED MASTERPLANNER/ARCHITECT FOR Gehl Architects
Gehl is searching for a talented and experienced Masterplanner/Architect for our Copenhagen office.
The interested candidate should have local and international experience in masterplanning, mixed-use developments and communities. If selected, you will join a team of people working globally on making cities for people by placing the needs of people at the center of planning, design and the building of healthy, resilient, and inclusive places.
Gehl is currently experiencing growth in the masterplanning field and we are increasingly guiding complex, multidisciplinary teams through all aspects of masterplanning, in places such as Scandinavia, the UK, Argentina, Brazil and Mexico. As trusted advisors to our clients, our obligation is to deliver the best possible quality in all our projects from the first sketch through to landscape and public space implementation. As part of our talented team of urban designers and architects, the selected applicant will contribute to Gehl’s ongoing development within the masterplanning field.
Masterplanning — carrying out independent site visits and analysis of sites, development of high level conceptual options, location, and layout of masterplanning land uses, identifying population and GFA demands from masterplans through benchmarking of projects, knowledge of current trends and technologies in planning and integrating inputs and outputs with landscape architects and mobility planners. Knowledge of local area plan and planning regulations as well as procurement processes. Knowledge of building economy and economic drivers in planning.
Urban design — writing and illustrating urban design and architecture concepts, explanation and analysis of a project's requirements to develop urban design and landscape guidelines, bench-marking studies for comparable developments, crafting of presentations and reports to explain the same.
Architecture — writing and illustrating concepts around different types of architecture, explanation and analysis of a project's requirements to develop project briefs, strategies and guidelines, bench-marking studies for comparable developments, crafting of presentations and reports to explain the same. An in-depth understanding of building and construction processes.
The candidate must possess the following skill set:
- Have a promising portfolio of design work that demonstrates technical capabilities across a variety of masterplanning and urban design related projects
- Possess excellent design skills
- Be driven by ambition and idealism, but able to be pragmatic and realistic and be compromise driven
- Have the ability to ensure that what is produced in the project team is of quality, and have the ability to designate clear tasks and provide guidance and effective feedback
- Have the ability to organize and lead design teams, both internally and externally
- Manage all levels of project management. Project development, development of workplans and budget follow-ups, reports back to team lead, and handle all client communication
- Able to work in a diverse cultural team on projects involving different cultures where cultural sensitivity is important
- Flexibility in roles, such as taking a senior lead position, as well as a supporting team member role depending on the projects
- Ability to be open and share knowledge
- Ability to drive business development by retaining clients and / or attracting new clients
- Professional attitude at all levels
- Fluent in English, Scandinavian and/or German – spoken and written
- Good at communicating externally and internally - written, verbal communication and oral presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to visualize ideas graphically.
By joining Gehl, you will have/be part of …
- The opportunity to help shape the Gehl masterplanning profile
- An impact on the development of projects
- A group of skilled, passionate, highly professional, international and social colleagues
- An inspiring working environment with a culture for sharing and learning
- Flexibility in planning your work time within a 37 hour work week.
Details for applying
- Apply by March 31st via our website: http://gehlpeople.com/news/experienced-masterplanner/
- Make sure to upload your CV, cover letter and portfolio
- Interviews will be conducted between April 10th and 14th
- The preferred start date is June 1st or earlier
- Salary will be negotiated with the selected applicant.