SCHMIDT HAMMER LASSEN ARCHITECTS - Architectural Design Intern
We are looking for an Architectural Design Intern in the Fall 2021.
Are you an ambitious and talented student with a true passion for how architecture shape lives? Then this may be the opportunity you are looking for to expand your experiences and horizons.
What we can offer
As an intern in Schmidt Hammer Lassen, you will get the opportunity to work side-by-side with our senior architects on both Danish and international projects. You will work with the design process through participation in competitions, sketch proposals or design development phases. We offer you:
- First-hand knowledge of the workflow in a leading Scandinavian practice
- The opportunity to produce sketches, drawings and models with guidance and supervision
- The ability to attend client meetings, collaborate with consultants and have responsibility for sub-deliveries
- Access to highly specialized software for conceptual modeling, graphic tools and visualizations — as well as the means to learn them
- A mentor-structure and work environment which allows you to develop your personal competences and professional skill set
- Cross-disciplinary learning sessions that investigate topics within architecture, design, innovation and sustainability
- A relationship with global architecture and design firm Perkins & Will, who tackle world-wide challenges and have extensive research resources.
What we look for
- A student of architecture or equivalent (minimum of 5 semesters of education completed)
- Strong design skills with high proficiency in Rhino
- Graphic flair and adept skill set in Adobe CC
- Knowledge of Revit, Grasshopper, or AutoCAD is advantageous
- A sense of personal responsibility and a desire to work as a team
- A good sense of humor and a strong work ethic
- Professional proficiency in English — any additional language is an asset
How we work
We put the professional and personal development of our interns at the forefront. To do so, we encourage you to ask questions and give input, so we can tailor a customized internship program that fits your aspirations. Your team will always be happy to pass on their knowledge and expertise. In the same way, we maintain the desire to adapt and learn from your academic knowledge and personal experiences in order to push the development of our practice.
At Schmidt Hammer Lassen we take pride in our vibrant work environment. In compliance with COVID-19 restrictions, we organize social and educational events — especially for our intern group. Here you will meet an international studio environment with expertise from a diverse range of backgrounds. Across the company we have social initiatives, including breakfast learning sessions, a winter bathing club, Friday bars, and much more.
We expect the internship to be full-time from 16th of August 2021 to 31st of January 2022. Start and end date can be adjusted in accordance with requirements from your educational institution. Likewise, we are flexible in regards to scheduling your working hours around your study activities. If we are a good match, there might be an opportunity for continuously growth within our team.
As an expression of appreciation for the work you put into your internship, you will get a monthly financial gratuity in accordance with Danish law.
We will continuously have interviews for the position, so please don’t hesitate to get your CV and portfolio ready. Be sure to state clearly whether you are applying for an internship in Copenhagen, Aarhus or both locations.
Please note, the internship must be part of your studies or a sabbatical leave with a signed enrollment as we do not take interns, who have graduated from a master’s degree in architecture.
If you already graduated, feel free to send us your unsolicited architectural application through the link below
We look forward to hearing from you!
About Schmidt Hammer Lassen
With 30 years of experience, Schmidt Hammer Lassen Architects is one of Scandinavia’s most recognized and award-winning architectural practices. Working out of studios located in Copenhagen, Aarhus and Shanghai, we provide skilled architectural services all over the world, with a distinguished track record as designers of international high-profile architecture. We are deeply committed to the Nordic architectural traditions based on democracy, welfare, aesthetics, light, sustainability and social responsibility. In 2018, Schmidt Hammer Lassen Architects became part of global architecture and design firm Perkins and Will.
Josefine Kallehave Phone: +45 78 74 49 33