Project Architect (Dutch speaking) for SCHMIDT HAMMER LASSEN ARCHITECTS
Schmidt Hammer Lassen is looking for a creative Dutch speaking Project Architect with strong architectural skills and management experience to be part of our team in Copenhagen.
For our office in Copenhagen, we are looking for a talented, creative, and experienced Dutch speaking Project Architect with the right skillset, ambitions, and creative mind, to support our Project Development teams.
What we look for
- You are a creative mind with the ability to oversee the full span of the project
- You have strong design skills as well as the ability to present projects in an aspirational way
- You are an active listener, with solid experience in working with complex stakeholder constellations
- You maintain conceptual clarity across scales and throughout the project’s life
- You have experience with large design teams - can lead and coordinate, and feel comfortable planning and distributing tasks that support the workflow
- You are experienced in design development and construction documentation stages
- You have very high ambitions, don’t find comfort in quick solutions and always aspire for greater architectonical qualities
- You are experienced with built projects in the Netherlands and/or Belgium, and familiar with integrated design teams
- You have experience with Dutch and/or Belgium building codes
- You can work independently and are confident working within short deadlines, leading multiple topics at once, in a dynamic working environment
- Connecting with people both internally and externally is essential to this role, so we expect that you take pride in forming good working relationships across professional and social networks
- You are fluent/native in Dutch and have fluent English professional proficiency.
Who you are
- You have a master’s degree in Architecture, or equivalent
- You have 10+ years of experience, preferably with 3+ years in a similar role
- You have worked in internationally reputable firms
- You are proficient in architecture, and highly knowledgeable in urban design, interior design, space planning, user experience, or other relevant lines
- You are familiar with the AEC business, and ready to engage in conversations about current trends, building methodologies, processes, politics, etc.
- You are proficient in Revit and Adobe, and have good knowledge of other working tools
- You are extroverted and willing to travel according to project conditions or business purposes.
What you’ll do
- Your role will be to lead teams of medium to large size, mostly focusing on working with Dutch or Belgian projects
- You will be steering the process and development of projects, coordinating the team and tasks accordingly to fulfill milestones and project deadlines
- You will be navigating through the creative process in close dialogue with partners in charge, collaborators, clients and other public or private stakeholders
- You will create visually strong presentation materials for meetings, talks and events
- You will be the anchor point of a team, and therefore responsible for their well-being and job satisfaction
- You will be the main project responsible and therefore in charge of the operational and financial details of the project’s performance
- You will be participating in Project Architects’ forums, and supporting knowledge sharing across the firm.
How we work
You will become an integrated part of our design leaders and work in a creative environment with expertise from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Project Architects participate and develop professional forums of knowledge sharing, contributing to raising the level of creativity and technological skills of the firm.
At Schmidt Hammer Lassen we take pride in our vibrant and dynamic work environment, promoting well-being and transparency across the firm, while enhancing social connectivity and interacting through an array of social initiatives, including morning learning sessions, lunch presentations, professional forums, with the opportunity to join our winter bathing club, Friday bars, Intern’s Learning Sessions, and much more.
The position is full-time, and you will be working from our office in Copenhagen.
Due to the nature of the job, travel is required to fulfill the expectations of our projects and clients.
Applications will be processed continuously, and we expect to fill the position as soon as possible - please don’t hesitate to apply.
If you have specific questions regarding the position, you can reach out to Pim IJsendoorn e-mail: email@example.com or phone: +45 30513291 /+31 628839202
We look forward to hearing from you!
About Schmidt Hammer Lassen
With 30 years of experience, Schmidt Hammer Lassen Architects is one of Scandinavia’s most recognized and award-winning architectural practices.
Working out of studios located in Copenhagen, Aarhus and Shanghai, we provide skilled architectural services all over the world, with a distinguished track record as designers of international high-profile architecture. We are deeply committed to the Nordic architectural traditions based on democracy, welfare, aesthetics, light, sustainability and social responsibility. In 2018, Schmidt Hammer Lassen Architects became part of global architecture and design firm Perkins and Will.