Business Development Manager at SHL
Are you passionate about architecture, business development and communications? We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to support our business development activities in Scandinavia.
As Business Development Manager you will be joining our ambitious team in Copenhagen and will help us build and maintain relations to a wider, deeper range of existing and potential clients and collaborators. You will be responsible for actively assessing and acquiring potential projects, conducting market research, following up on market opportunities, and teaming with relevant collaborators within the Scandinavian region.
You will be preparing and responding to requests for qualifications/proposals, requests for information and client proposals. You will maintain a clear overview of a continuous flow of business-related inquires and carry out initial assessments on the potential of these new opportunities. You will conduct market research, prepare regular status updates and develop market specific materials.
What you will do:
- Research and monitor new market opportunities in Scandinavia, including pre-teaming on relevant, upcoming projects
- Respond to new opportunities in Scandinavia, including coordinating and creating thoughtful responses to RFPs/PQs/Tenders and fee-proposals
- Build and maintain key client and consultant relations in Scandinavia
- Develop and maintain our leads database and CRM system
- Represent SHL at industry events and conferences
- Prepare client pitches and presentations
- Coordinate client meetings, events, and participation in conferences
- Support ongoing communication tasks, and contribute to the full Business Development and Communication team’s activities
Who you are:
You have a solid marketing/communications and business development experience, ideally within the architecture, design or building consultancy sectors. You are self-disciplined, pro-active and diligent, as well as a strong communicator with exceptional organisational skills, with a keen eye for detail and excellent copy writing.
What we look for:
- Degree in a Bachelor/Master of Architecture or other relevant area of study
- +2 years of experience in a similar role in Architecture/Engineering/ Real Estate industry
- Proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite (with strong InDesign experience)
- Fluency in English and native-level Danish proficiency
- Motivated to learn with a pro-active, self-disciplined and a “can-do” attitude
- Affinity with Architecture, Art & Design
How we work:
We offer a great working and learning environment with highly qualified and committed colleagues, and good opportunities for career development.
The position is a maternity cover, full-time and based in Copenhagen with a start as soon as possible. We will continuously conduct interviews for the position, so please don’t hesitate to upload your application and CV. Any inquires reg. the position can be directed to Head of Business Development, Michael Atzen - email@example.com or by phone +45 31620522
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
About Schmidt Hammer Lassen:
With 30 years of experience, Schmidt Hammer Lassen Architects is one of Scandinavia’s most recognized and award-winning architectural practices.
Working out of studios located in Copenhagen, Aarhus and Shanghai, we provide skilled architectural services all over the world, with a distinguished track record as designers of international high-profile architecture. We are deeply committed to the Nordic architectural traditions based on democracy, welfare, aesthetics, light, sustainability and social responsibility. In 2018, Schmidt Hammer Lassen Architects became part of global architecture and design firm Perkins and Will.