Business Development Manager at BIG CPH
We are looking for a new member to join our Business Development team in Copenhagen and be responsible for handling new business acquisitions and prequalification’s, predominately in the Nordic market.
As Business Development Manager your role will be to support BIG in looking for new frontiers and help winning strategic projects. You will be involved in developing our market strategy, and through your work helping to define BIG’s future. You will take the lead in increasing BIG’s presence in the Nordic markets by developing new client relationships, finding the right opportunities, and defining a clear go-to-market strategy. The role includes great personal development potential in an international creative environment where the level of ambition is high.
The successful candidate will require knowledge and industry experience and contacts, be independent and hands-on and able to create outstanding pitching documentation and submissions. Have excellent written communication and graphic design skills. A willingness to learn and adapt to different tasks, time pressures and enjoy working proactively and collaboratively, with BIGs global business development team. We expect you to have an interest in market research, an understanding of architecture, and a willingness to engage in external networks to expand BIGs knowledge of the Nordic region.
BIG is a partner-owned architecture company, characterized by an entrepreneurial spirit, true teamwork across expertise areas and new ways of approaching conventional tasks. We have an informal work environment where camaraderie and collegial support are highly valued and where ambition, very high work morale and dedication to being the innovators of our field unify our 600+ staff across offices in Copenhagen, New York, Barcelona, London and Shenzhen.
You will be based in Copenhagen and work closely with the business development team as well as the partner group and senior management.
Primary areas of responsibility:
- Manage client relations and host client visits
- Assist in contract negotiations
- Manage junior personnel in the Business Development Department
- Prepare responses to RFQs/RFPs/RFIs and new direct commissions/clients
- Assess and develop recommendations for potential new projects
- Represent BIG at selected conferences, lectures, events
- Lead market research and development of marketing material
- Maintain CRM databases
The ideal candidate:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience from similar or related position
- Masters level degree in either Marketing, Business, Communication, and/or Architecture, or related field
- Proficiency in MS Office & Adobe CS (proficiency in In-Design)
- Fluency in a Nordic language (Danish, Swedish or Norwegian) and English
- An understanding of architecture, building procedures and urban planning is recommended
- Self-discipline and confidence in an ad hoc environment.
We wish to fill this position asap so do not delay with your application! Interviews are conducted on an ongoing basis.
Apply via our website
Diversity has been part of our DNA since BIG’s foundation. A multitude of cultures and backgrounds creates a new point of reference which leads to amazing insights. At BIG, we value, celebrate and support diversity because it makes our team, work and the built environment better. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and take affirmative action to employ equally regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender.